Saturday, January 29, 2011

So I'm writing a Book...

I've read hundreds, possibly thousands, of books. Some were really good, great character development, good plot and so on. Some were average writing but great storyline. And some, well, some I really tried to get through and had to give up because it just wasn't happening! So, I'm thinking, hey, it can't be that hard, right? I love to read, I have a pretty decent imagination and I've decided recently that I'm going to finish things I start. So I've got a plot, half the characters and a decent start on the first full chapter. And I've realized, writing isn't all that easy. The story sounds really good in my head, but I'm having a hard time translating it to the written word. I can see the places and people in the story, but my hangup is fully describing the scenery without boring the reader. I will not give up though! I am finishing this thing! I may put the first chapter on the blog...worst case scenario is it'll put you to sleep!! "The only two mistakes on the road to truth are not starting and not going all the way."

No comments:

Post a Comment