Thursday, February 17, 2011

So I've....

been taking classes to become a 3rd degree/Master Reiki practitioner. I have the final attunement on Sunday. So what is Reiki? I've been asked this before and the best answer is it's an Eastern holistic method that is used for relaxation with added health benefits. I got interested in it in 2003 after hearing the term from a friend. I googled it(or whatever we did before google) and after much searching found a day spa that offered treatments. I was interested in taking classes to be able to do it but wanted to see what was involved before I laid down the cash. Up front, I'm a big skeptic. I'll tell you, it was amazing!! Everyone's experience is different. My entire right side had a pins and needles feeling, but not the bad kind like your leg was waking up after falling asleep. I could feel the energy rolling through my entire body and I had an overwhelming feeling of happiness and rightness in the world. I was sold and took the 1st and 2nd degree classes within 2 months of each other. I let several years slip by, as often happens in life, and just started practicing again late last year. I started searching for a Reiki master a couple of months ago and finally found one who has been practicing for 20 years. He is an amazing teacher and a gifted healer. During one of the classes he gave me a treatment. The feet are an important energy point as this is what grounds us to the Earth. When he treated my feet, I could feel energy pulsating up through my legs into my torso and wrapping around my ribs and lungs. It was such a strong sensation that it took my breath away for a minute. After the treatment I felt grounded and at peace. I do self treatments daily and it has made a huge difference in my attitude and in how I feel. I don't hurt when I get up anymore and my stress level is minimal. Here's to Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment