Monday, July 18, 2011

A Place to Be

I watch as the moon glides across the cloudless sky, it's reflection dappling the waves that gently roll across the beach. The sand is left smooth by the waning tide, leaving bits of shells and smooth stones for the beachcombers in the morning. I delight in the wind that blows through my hair, sending a chill down my sunburnt arms. It's salty breath caresses my cheek softly, stirring the scrub in a symphony of gentle tones. I can feel this place settling into my bones, washing away all the small inadequacies that make me human and leaving me with an unimaginable and grounding peace. Here is a place to stir all the senses, a place to remind us of the awesome beauty that is around us if we just stop for a moment and really look, listen, feel. A place to just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment